[syslog-ng] Alternate logging destination

Farhan . farhan at cyber.net.pk
Mon Nov 6 23:14:05 CET 2006

Dear Balazs

yes there is a possibility but both syslog srvs will work at the same time which means yr node will send their logs to 2 syslog servers.
for further send me the list of those devices ill let u know how to configure them to send logs to multiple srvs
for example in MAX TNT access srvs its possible to set 2 logging servers
but iam not sure abt this that devices are that mush inteligent that they make their own decisions in case of 1st server down it will re route yr log packet towards another syslog srv.

Experience d0es n0t Alwayz Come With 0ld Age.
Thanks
Good Day,
Farhan Ali Khan
Network Operations Center
CYBERNET

 "To solve a problem or to reach a goal, you...don't need to know all the answers in advance. But you must have a clear idea of the   problem or the goal you want to reach." W. Clement Stone
 Disclaimer: The information in this email and in any files transmitted with it, is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged   material. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited. Statement and opinions expressed in this e-mail are mine, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.