[syslog-ng] Alternate logging destination

Szeti, Balazs szeti.balazs at hp.com
Mon Nov 6 18:18:46 CET 2006

Thanks for the aswers, but as I wrote before, I'm rather affraid of
network connection error (I'll have failover servers in the center, but
the network line is a SPOF). Unfortunately syslog-ng doesn't give any
response if a destination is unreachable (e.g. the destination file is
deleted!). It writes in the internal log if it couldn't connect to
destination TCP port on startup, but no error log or negative response
when trying to send the log over the "missing" destination (file or
TCP). So I can't find out whether my logging was succesfull or not.

Balazs