[syslog-ng] Re: logs written twice

Nick Baronian kvetch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 15:11:05 CET 2006

Thanks Ged, I didn't see that and I am not sure how those lines
slipped in there.  I piece-mealed this conf from an old logging server
I was asked to replace.  I didn't notice them before.  I will re-do
the conf using the example conf and see what happens then.

> > Is there a way I can duplicate the name schema the remote box is using
>
> I don't know exactly what you mean by that, and I do't think I'd know
> the answer if I did. :)

What I mean is if I have two boxes I want to log to this syslog-ng
server, one is an old Unix box that is logging *.info;mail.none
locally to /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log and the other is a RH Linux box
that logs *.info;mail.none locally to /var/log/messages is there a way
the remote syslog-ng server can be configured to write the
*.info;mail.none for the Linux box to a messages file and for logs it
receives from the Unix box to a syslog.log file?  My guess is that I
could but not with out a bunch of whacky rules that is dependent on
each host.

Nick