[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 1.9.11 released

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Tue May 23 21:42:03 CEST 2006

Hi,

Syslog-ng 1.9.11 has been released and uploaded to the usual places at
http://www.balabit.com/products/syslog-ng/ with the following list of
user-visible changes:

1.9.11
        Tue, 23 May 2006 19:45:21 +0200

        Some minor new features:
        * Added IPv6 support.
        * Added multicast support.

        Bugfixes:
        * Avoid changing owner/group/permission information for files that
          do not exist, to avoid clobbering the error value.
        * Added close-on-exec flag to avoid inheriting file descriptors for
          programs started by syslog-ng.
        * Fixed an off-by-one in flush_lines() calculation.
        * Fixed a possible memory leak.
        * Fixed a CPU spinning possibility when a non-existing filter is
          referenced on the log path the processes internal() messages.
        * Fixed hanging on reading /proc/kmsg on Linux.
        * Fixed sun-streams() fetching problem on Solaris.

        Other changes:
        * Documentation updates.

I would like to release 2.0.0 real soon now, for this to happen I would need
some positive feedback on this release.

Anyone using the 1.9.x series and especially 1.9.11, please speak up.
People on non-Linux platforms, now is the time to submit bugreports on
portability issues.

If nothing major shows up, I am going to release 2.0.0 in about a months
time and obsolete 1.6.x once and for all.

Thanks in advance,