[syslog-ng] prune identical messages

Richard Legault rlegault at sandvine.com
Mon Mar 27 22:26:41 CEST 2006

But the message repeating does not give you any new information so it is a waste of diskspace to store it.
Because It is just as helpfull to say
foo1: ssh connection from 129.257.10.4
foo1: 2,348 duplicate messages suppressed

then to say
foo1: ssh connection from 129.257.10.4
foo1: ssh connection from 129.257.10.4
foo1: ssh connection from 129.257.10.4
foo1: ssh connection from 129.257.10.4
foo1: ssh connection from 129.257.10.4
foo1: ssh connection from 129.257.10.4
foo1: ssh connection from 129.257.10.4
foo1: ssh connection from 129.257.10.4

I only want to throttle the part that writes the message to the disk.