[syslog-ng] Creating a named pipe (FIFO)

Timothy A. Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Wed Mar 22 15:29:30 CET 2006

Good morning Peter:

thank you for your reply

Does the name of the named pipe need to be the same as the destination line

mkfifo splunk;
destination splunk {
        pipe("/var/syslog-ng/syslog_fifo");
};

This is what I currently have in the config file now, and I am still getting an error.

Thank you

TIM

My entire syslog-ng.conf is posted at http://www.pastebin.com/616048

Thank you

Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11