[syslog-ng] DOMAIN Name Variable

Breitman, Jason Jason.Breitman at blackrock.com
Tue Mar 14 22:43:06 CET 2006

To clarify what I want

servername.domainname.com or servername.city.domainame.com

I believe the first name is the server name and everything else is the
domain name.

#!/bin/sh

if [ $# != 1 ] ; then
	echo "USAGE: $0 fqdn"
	exit 1
fi

FQDN=$1
DOMAINNAME=`echo ${FQDN} | cut -d. -f2,3,4,5`

echo ${DOMAINNAME}

I would like to put all servers in the same domain under one directory.
This will allow me to allow access to different user groups based on
domain name.
Also, If I wanted, I can leave out the host name and have one big file
for each domain name.