[syslog-ng] Why does this not work?

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Mon Mar 13 18:40:51 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 09:17 +0100, Sandor Geller wrote:
> David Anderson wrote:
> >
> > filter f_messages   { not facility(news, mail) and not
> >        filter(f_iptables, f_router); };
>
> For my best knowledge you can't use nested filters. Either use the
> 'final' flag in your log definitions instead or create a new filter:

Without really understanding the discussion a minor correction:

You can use nested filters but not as a list like you used above, as the
filter() function only supports a single item. So that should be
rewritten as:

filter f_messages   { not facility(news, mail) and not filter(f_iptables) and not filter(f_router); };