[syslog-ng] DOMAIN Name Variable

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Mon Mar 13 18:35:10 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 16:00 -0500, Breitman, Jason wrote:
> I am using the below line in my syslog-ng configuration file.
>
> destination maillog {
>         file("/var/log/clients/$YEAR/$MONTH/$HOST/mail.log");
> };
>
> I am looking to add a variable for the domain name and have been
> unable to find one.
>
> Can someone help me out?

The problem is that 'domain name' is ambiguous, is it the name after the
first dot in the fqdn? not necessarily, for example: prep.ai.mit.edu,
the domain name is probably mit.edu and not ai.mit.edu

So this is not currently implemented, however I could be convinced given
a good definition of 'domain name'.