[syslog-ng] Why does this not work?

David Anderson dma at pern.co.uk
Fri Mar 10 00:07:17 CET 2006

Hi,

I am trying to lessen the amount in my messages log. I have logs
coming in from my router which I can successfully put into their own
log using the following filters. Unfortunately this also drops the info into
messages as well:

filter f_messages   { not facility(news, mail) and not filter(f_iptables); };
filter f_router     { host(vigor); };

If I try to prevent the additions to the message log using the
following filters I get the error shown below.

filter f_messages   { not facility(news, mail) and not
       filter(f_iptables, f_router); };
filter f_router     { host(vigor); };

benden:~ # /etc/init.d/syslog restart
Shutting down syslog services                                        done
Starting syslog servicessyntax error at 76
Parse error reading configuration file, exiting. (line 76)
startproc:  exit status of parent of /sbin/syslog-ng: 1
                                                                     failed

Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong please?

--
Best regards,
 David                            mailto:dma at pern.co.uk