[syslog-ng] syslog-ng with samba

Jesse Molina jesse at opendreams.net
Thu Mar 9 06:16:19 CET 2006

Perhaps your samba daemons are writing directly to log files and not
routing through syslog, as you apparently want them to.  Grep your
smb.conf files for "log"  There is an option, "syslog=1" to enable it,
which is the default.

Otherwise, perhaps your filter is not matching the messages, thus not
being routed to the destination option like you desire.

I use something like;

filter f_samba_smbd { program("smbd.*"); };
filter f_samba_nmbd { program("nmbd.*"); };