[syslog-ng] remote logging not reliable

stucky stucky101 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 01:15:24 CET 2006

Nate

thanks for your reply ! I am already using keepalive on the server :

tcp (ip("**********")
       port(5000)
       max-connections(1000)
       keep-alive(yes)); };

It doesn't look like I can specify this option on the client though. If I
try something like :
destination loghost { tcp("*********" port(5000) keep-alive(yes)); };

It complains about a syntax error. I have never seen an option called
'tcp-keep-alive()' but I tried it without
luck. It always complains about a syntax error. I guess you meant
'keep-alive(yes)' right ?

As far as upgrading is concerned I want to but I wanted to wait till 2.0 is
out and stable. Any ETA ?

--stucky