[syslog-ng] how can I change the priority/facility of a log entry?

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Thu Mar 2 21:44:31 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 05:46:32PM -0600, Dave Augustus wrote:

> I have spent hours looking for this. Is there a way, using syslog-ng to
> re-write an incoming log entry's priority/facility.
>
> We have some windows boxen that we are logging but the log entries need
> a little massaging. Any ideas would be helpful.

Syslog-ng won't do this for you, I've written perl scripts to do that
for me in the past, there's probably freely available software that'll
do it. Though I don't know of any offhand, something like looper-ng
might be able to: http://muthanna.com/looperng/
--
Nate

"Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad."  -Anon.