[syslog-ng] Losing TAG information

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Thu Jun 22 02:55:09 CEST 2006

Are you running syslog-ng on the AIX host as well? I think you probably
aren't. SRV4-type boxes leave out the hostname when sending syslogs over
the wire, but leave the rest of the header intact:

 http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/syslog.html#missing_parts

This is highly confusing behavior, especially when there are spaces in
the program name. This is why I requested and Bazsi created the
"bad_hostname()" option. Either put syslog-ng on the AIX boxes or use
bad_hostname() on your syslog-ng loghost.

--
Nate

I wonder why no company starts his manual with the words `We thank you
for buying this piece of junk. We have done our best to make this junk
as annoying as possible, and we assure that it will give you a
headache for the next two months. However, if you feel satisfied with
it, we will contact you for an expensive replacement.'