[syslog-ng] global option chain_hostnames() not explained

Wolfram Schlich lists at wolfram.schlich.org
Wed Jun 21 00:15:34 CEST 2006

Unfortunately the documentation leaves it unclear what exactly
chain_hostnames() does.

I just guess it does something like creating a chained hostname
in the form "host1/host2/host3".

What about use_fqdn() in that case?
Will it be "host1.example.com/host2.example.com/host3.example.com"?
Am I right when I think that use_fqdn() does only take effect
for the hostname where syslog-ng is currently running on?

Let's say use_fqdn() is on on host1 and host3 and off on host2.
I guess it would look like this then:
"host1.example.com/host2/host3.example.com"

Can somebody clear it up? :-)
--
Wolfram Schlich