[syslog-ng] Losing TAG information

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Mon Jun 19 19:50:00 CEST 2006

In an AIX 5.2 machine

% logger -t evan funny
% logger -t "evan " funny

results in

Jun 19 10:47:17 casa.comp.uvic.ca casa: evan: funny
Jun 19 10:47:25 casa.comp.uvic.ca casa: evan : funny

In AIX 4.3.3

% logger -t evan funny
% logger -t "evan " funny

results in

Jun 19 10:48:57 casual.uvic.ca casual: evan: funny
Jun 19 10:49:03 casual.uvic.ca casual: evan : funny

So, it would appear that the 1.6.8 syslog-ng does not suffer from the symptoms you describe.

Evan.