[syslog-ng] logging statistics

Heinemann, Joerg (SBI Ruhr) Joerg.Heinemann at sbi-ruhr.de
Mon Jun 19 10:29:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

we are plannig to migrate our syslog infrastructure to syslog-ng.

Is there a possibility to generate a daily logging statistics like our old kiwi syslogger?

Kiwi Syslog Daemon Statistics
24 hour period ending on: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 00:00:03
Syslog Daemon started on: Sat, 13 May 2006 22:03:13
Syslog Daemon uptime: 28 days, 1 hour, 56 minutes

+ Messages received - Total: 129600953
+ Messages received - Last 24 hours: 2556443
+ Messages received - Since Midnight: 2418503
+ Messages received - Last hour: 92320
+ Messages received - This hour: 76835
+ Messages per hour - Average: 103317

+ Messages forwarded: 0
+ Messages logged to disk: 4836834

+ Errors - Logging to disk: 0
+ Errors - Invalid priority tag: 0
+ Errors - No priority tag: 0
+ Errors - Oversize message: 11

Mit freundlichem Gruß / Best Regards

Jörg Heinemann

Services for Business IT Ruhr GmbH
Communication & Network Services
Operation WAN / LAN
Bruchstraße 5, 45883 Gelsenkirchen, Germany
Jörg Heinemann
Tel.:      +49 209 9456-7790
Fax:     +49 209 9456-67790
joerg.heinemann at sbi-ruhr.de <mailto:joerg.heinemann at sbi-ruhr.de>
http://www.sbi-ruhr.de <http://www.sbi-ruhr.de>

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged Information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.