[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 1.9.11 vs RHE

David Royer David.Royer at telus.com
Thu Jun 8 20:11:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

I recently compiled syslog-ng 1.9.11, properly linked and compiled eventlog-0.2.4 and the process seems stable / properly working.  Although I have seen a very weird behaviour, maybe I'm just missing something obvious (well hopefully in fact).

The configuration line: filter f_filter2     { level(debug,info,notice,warning,err,crit,alert,emerg); }; works very fine, f_filter2 is used here to filter the /var/log/messages.  All levels are being properly logged in the file.

The configuration line: filter f_filter2     { level(debug..emerg); }; just doesn't work.  I hope it's only a syntax issue, hopefully some of you encountered the problem already.  Using logger I was able to test which level was logged using that config line and only these levels properly log: debug,
emerg.  Nothing in between.

Is the (..) syntax still supported in syslog-ng 1.9+ ?

Thanks in advance,

-David