[syslog-ng] Solaris 10

Walt Rich walt.rich at parago.com
Fri Jun 2 00:52:07 CEST 2006

Gents,

I found some instructions on the net where Roberto Nibali had
successfully installed syslog-ng on Solaris 10 (although I've not seen
the email come from the mailing list) and have a couple of questions:

What version of syslog-ng would be best to use?  I've currently
installed 1.6.11 and libol 0.3.18.

Where do I find the file svc.method.syslog-ng?  Step 4 of Roberto's
instructions are to copy that file to /lib/svc/method/syslog-ng

Where do I find the file svc.manifest.syslog-ng.xml as in Step 5 the
instructions read to copy this to
/var/svc/manifest/system/syslog-ng.xml.

Any input regarding installing syslog-ng on solaris 1- would be most
appreciated.

Thanks!