[syslog-ng] Re: syslog-ng works only with one Core-CPU

Rolf Heitfeld rolf.heitfeld at combots.com
Wed Jul 26 18:36:21 CEST 2006

>> Hi,
>>
>> we're using  syslog-ng-1.6.2-29.3 (default on SUSE SLES9 Systems).
>>
>> We saw, that syslog-ng only uses one core of the Dual Core AMD
Opteron(tm) Processor 275 of the System.

>> Is there any possibility to turn this off?
>>
>> Thanx for any help!
>>
>> Rolf Heitfeld

>Hello,

>Can you clarify what is the problem? Syslog-ng isn't a multithreaded
>program, so it runs only on one processor, as any singlethreaded
program
>does.

Hello,

Sorry perhaps I have expressed myself in a wrong way. The question for
me was: Is there any Version of syslog-ng that is multithreaded and we
could use instead?

And if I unterstood you correctly the answer is "no".

Thank you for answering!

Regards,

Rolf Heitfeld