[syslog-ng] Logrotate Questions And Solicitation For Ideas...

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Thu Jul 20 21:13:14 CEST 2006

I believe this will work... I haven't actually tested it though ;-)

create a file in logrotate.d called <blah>

Its content would look like:

/var/log/somedir/*/*log {
    missingok
    notifempty
    sharedscripts
    postrotate
        /bin/kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslog.pid 2>/dev/null` 2>
/dev/null || true    endscript
}

HTH,
Harry