[syslog-ng] Feature Request: conf.d-like folders or include statement

JP Senior JPSenior at Veer.com
Wed Jul 19 23:57:03 CEST 2006

I'm finding that I'm in need of a recursive conf.d-like configuration
folder for syslog-ng.

The reason I'm asking this is because I have many hosts, each requiring
a separate configuration from the other, and my syslog-ng.conf file is
getting pretty large, messy, and unmanageable.

If it could iterate/enumerate /etc/syslog-ng/conf.d and add each of
those to the 'running' config, that would be amazing.

I think this could also work, in a less versatile function, by an
'include' statement in syslog-ng.conf.

Ie:

include { includefile(/etc/syslog-ng/extra/hostname.conf); };

Am I on the right track, or is there a function to do this? :)

-JP Senior