[syslog-ng] syslog-ng performance question

Daniel Chojecki boka at piekna.pl
Tue Jan 24 00:04:36 CET 2006

Hi !

I have to set up central logging server for approx. 80 machines using
syslog-ng with SQL DB (MySQL or PostgreSQL or Oracle db system).

It is a homogeneous system so i will have to log traffic from
syslog-ng-friendly servers.

I will use syslog and syslog-ng for unix clients and Snare Agent or
NTsyslog for windows clients. I want to use unix DB server.

I want to log "normal" and sometimes debug informations.

I need to choose hardware for DB server and DB server.

Thanks for your help !

ps. questions are desirable :-)

--
greetz