[syslog-ng] Strange ... IP Address instead of the machine name ....

Bill Nash billn at bacchus.billn.net
Tue Jan 10 15:47:30 CET 2006

Check the reverse DNS entries for those IPs. I can't tell from your email
if you're talking about just A records when you say there's no DNS for
those hosts or not, but it's possible that you've got stale entries
floating around.

Another possibility is the hostname chaining option in syslog-ng's config,
passing them along from the clients.

- billn