[syslog-ng]Pix problem

Paolo Supino vrkid at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 08:42:06 CET 2006

Hi

 Though not syslog-ng specific I feel I have to comment:
The loghost statement in Solaris isn't a hack, but lost art of mid
1980s BCPs (in the days that BSD was the "real" thing): Each server had
the role name attached to the word host. So you got: loghost, mailhost,
boothost, localhost (yes, localhost) etc ...
 In order to exploit the loghost statement in Solaris you need to
change the /etc/hosts file on each solaris system because this where
the loghost is defined (usually as an alias to localhost) and the name
resolving is set to: "file dns" (in /etc/nsswitch.conf).

Paolo