[syslog-ng] Re: Syslog logging failure only at boot (Mac OS X)

Orth, Alan AOrth at exchange.csuchico.edu
Fri Feb 17 18:56:44 CET 2006

Jeremy,

Great suggestion... here's what I came up with and it's been working out awesome. ;)

[root at server: /Library/StartupItems/syslog-ng]# ls -l
total 16
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  135 17 Feb 09:32 StartupParameters.plist
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  444 17 Feb 09:45 syslog-ng
[root at server: /Library/StartupItems/syslog-ng]# cat StartupParameters.plist
{
        Description             = "syslog-ng";
        Provides                = ("Logging");
        Requires                = ("Resolver");
        Uses                    = ("Disks");
        OrderPreference = "Early";
}
[root at server: /Library/StartupItems/syslog-ng]# cat syslog-ng
#!/bin/sh

##
# syslog-ng logging daemon
##

. /etc/rc.common

StartService ()
{
        ConsoleMessage "Starting syslog-ng"
        /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng -f /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf -p /var/run/syslog-ng.pid
}

StopService ()
{
        ConsoleMessage "Stopping syslog-ng"