[syslog-ng] problem to log fetcmail logs

Thierry B syslogng at thierry.eu.org
Thu Feb 2 17:13:34 CET 2006

Nate Campi a écrit :
> On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 06:41:15PM +0100, Thierry B wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to use syslog-ng to log fetchmail logs.
>>
> <SNIP>
>> But it dosn't works.
>
> What version are you on? You need to be on the 1.9.x series to tail a
> logfile like that.

I've this version:

ebian:/home/thierry# apt-cache show syslog-ng
Version: 1.6.5-2.2

I think you wanted to tell me 1.6.9 no?

Because in my debian sid (which has the lastest packages of software),
it's the version: 1.6.9-1.

So it's better for all theses applications (fetchmail, amavis), that the
use syslog options, to log their messages and I do a rule like that ?

filter f_fetchmail { match("fetchmail") };

destination df_fetchmail {
file("/var/log/$YEAR/$MONTH/$DAY/fetchmail.log"); };

log {
        source(s_all);
	filter(f_fetchmail);
        destination(df_fetchmail);