[syslog-ng] Can't install syslog-ng 2 on fedora 6

Martin H helpmhost at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 28 21:13:52 CET 2006

Hi,

I am trying to install syslog-ng 2 on a Fedora Core 6 computer.

I have the glib2-2.12.3-2.fc6 rpm package installed, but when I do a ./configure of syslog-ng, I get the following:

checking for GLIB... configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0) were not met:

No package 'glib-2.0' found

even tried installing glib2 from source, but I get the same thing.
Specifically, I installed glib-2.12.0.tar.bz2 from source with default
path (did not change prefix or any other install dir).

I tried pointing the GLIB_LIBS variable to /usr/local/lib/ but I still get the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is? Am I using the wrong path? Or did I install the wrong package?

If
I choose to do a ./configure --enable-dynamic-linking will syslog-ng
start properly, or will I simply get a glib2 error when I try to start
syslog-ng?

Thanks for your help.

http://mail.yahoo.com