[syslog-ng] remove_if_older()

anthony lineham anthony.lineham at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Tue Dec 19 21:52:05 CET 2006

>From the description in the reference manual I was expecting
remove_if_older() to cause a destination file to be deleted once the
file becomes older than the specified age, in seconds. However, this is
not the behaviour I have observed. It seems that the age check is only
made the first time the file is written too. I've had a quick look
through the code and it looks like the age check is only made in
affile_dw_init, which I assume is called when the file is first opened.
This would be consistent with my observations.

Is this the intended behaviour?

Thanks
Anthony