[syslog-ng] Advice on keeping hostnames/using dns

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 7 19:08:32 CET 2006

By the time you have to query dns you may as well just re-write the
hostname, though.

If storing things by IP, it's not as friendly and doesn't come out very
well if using any interface since you then have to become a dns server
yourself and query to match host and ip before you can get any useful
information out of it.

The advantage of your method is that you can inspect it the machines are
sending the wrong hostname.

-h

Hari Sekhon