[syslog-ng] logrotate again...

Vadim Pushkin wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 19:50:16 CET 2006

Hello;

I have two issues;

1.  I wish to prune, on a daily basis, *everything* under /var/log, which
consists of both files and directories, sometimes 6 subdirs deep.

I am thinking about using this for syslog-ng.logrotate:

/var/log/*  /var/log/*/* {
    sharedscripts
    weekly
    rotate 6
    compress
    postrotate
        /bin/kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslog-ng.pid 2> /dev/null` 2>
/dev/null || true
    endscript
}

Would this rotate everything for me properly?

2. The other issue that I am having is that I wish to rotate now, my
filesystem is fill, but since I did not rotate, all of my logfiles are one.
How can I prune them of any data prior to say 15 Nov for *each* logfile?

Thank you again,

.vp