[syslog-ng] netmask

Donald Rush drush at net-blazer.com
Tue Aug 22 18:10:30 CEST 2006

Thank you for your input.  I am not having an issue with getting the
logs from different devices into different log files.  What is happening
is that in the standard config with the Suse syslog-ng.conf file, it
logs all messages in one file, which I would like to keep, but I would
like to exclude anything from a remote system.  You might be telling me
below, but I don't seem to be getting it.  Below is out of the
syslog-ng.conf, what I would like to do is filter out any remote system
from that.

filter f_messages   { not facility(news, mail) and not
filter(f_iptables); };

#
# All messages except iptables and the facilities news and mail:
#
destination messages { file("/var/log/messages"); };
log { source(src); filter(f_messages); destination(messages); };