[syslog-ng] Case Insensitive Match?

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Tue Aug 8 19:06:25 CEST 2006

Trying to keep the syntax consistent across syslog-ng items, I recommend something like

match("expr" option(nocase, exact, replace(text), global))

nocase - case insensitive match
exact - match the exact text for cases wherey you want to mtach the .*$?^ characters
replace - replace the matched text with the included text. this may have effect on successive matches
	  this may include back substitution from the expression.
global - match/replace all occurances of the expression.

Some of these features may be reserved for version 2.1

Evan Rempel.

Evan Rempel                erempel at uvic.ca
Senior Programmer Analyst        250.721.7691
Computing Services
University of Victoria