[syslog-ng] Fwd: Syslog-ng.conf

Brian Loe knobdy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 16:40:34 CEST 2006

I'm still having issues with either my config or privileges on the
files that are supposed to be created or something. The cron output
file isn't getting created - perhaps because it isn't receiving
anything? The other files are created (not the pipe - I'm assuming it
can't create a pipe) but the localmessages file only gets the
"syslog-ng has started" and nothing else is written. In other words,
it appears to start, create the file, write one line to the file and
then stops - the daemon keeps running, just nothing is getting written
to the files...

AIX 5.3 - and if anyone has opinions on the best way to launch
syslog-ng in AIX, I'll read it as well!

#
# Global options.
#
options {
        long_hostnames(off);
        use_dns(no);
        chain_hostnames(no);
        sync(0);
        perm(0640);
        stats(3600);
};

#
# 'src' is our main source definition. you can add
# more sources driver definitions to it, or define
# your own sources, i.e.:
#
#source my_src { .... };
#
source s_local {
        internal();
        unix-dgram("/dev/log");
};

source s_udp {
        udp(ip("0.0.0.0") port(514));
};

#
# Filter definitions
#
filter f_cron       { facility(cron); };
# filter f_local      { facility(local0, local1, local2, local3, local4,
local5, local6, local7) and not filter(f_cron); };
#
# filter f_messages   { not facility(news, mail); };
# filter f_warn       { level(warn, err, crit); };
# filter f_alert      { level(alert); };

#
# Cron-messages in one file:
#
destination cron { file("/data/logs/cron"); };
log { source(s_local); filter(f_cron); destination(cron); };

#
# local[1-7]:
#
destination localmessages { file("/data/logs/localmessages"); };
log { source(s_local); destination(localmessages); };

#
# Network messages:
#
destination netmessages { file("/data/logs/netmessages"); };
log { source(s_udp); destination(netmessages); };

#
# Network message pipe:
#
destination net_pipe { pipe("/data/pipes/net_pipe"); };
log { source(s_udp); destination(net_pipe); };