[syslog-ng] syslog-ng doesn't log messages

Fernando Loureiro loureiro.fernando at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 04:09:34 CEST 2006

I think everything is ok with my conf but it isn't working with some
applications such as openldap, apcupsd.

Can somebody help me? Here is a part of my conf.

[]s
-- Fernando

------------------------------

options {
        chain_hostnames(off);
        sync(0);
        use_dns(no);
        create_dirs(yes);
        };

source kernsrc { file("/proc/kmsg"); internal(); };

destination  openldap    { file("/var/log/openldap.log");                 };
destination  apcupsd     { file("/var/log/apcupsd.log");                  };

filter  f_openldap  { program(slapd);                                   };
filter  f_apcupsd   { program(apcupsd);                                 };

log { source(kernsrc); filter(f_openldap);
destination(openldap);          };
log { source(kernsrc); filter(f_apcupsd);
destination(apcupsd);           };