[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng on Mac OS X Tiger?

Orth, Alan AOrth at exchange.csuchico.edu
Mon Apr 17 22:11:17 CEST 2006

Darkshadow,

In Panther I wrote a StartupItem for syslog-ng that had it ³require² the
Resolver, this worked fine for startup.  The thing is, syslog-ng doesn¹t log
at all in either of my Tiger installs. Ever.  Even when I start it up
manually.  For example,

launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.syslod.plist
syslog-ng -f /usr/local/etc/syslog-ng.conf

And then it gets as far as creating that day¹s logfile... But it stays empty
and then polls for ever...

--
Alan Orth
aorth at csuchico.edu
User Services - Field Services Technician
Upward Bound - Systems Administrator
California State University, Chico
(530)898-6000