[syslog-ng] log_fifo_size and locked tables

Rob Munsch rmunsch at solutionsforprogress.com
Wed Apr 12 18:22:02 CEST 2006

Thank you!  This is a lot of good information.

Alexander Clouter wrote:

>Well it looks like you always want at least seven days of data in the
>database so its hard to think of an alternative method.

Seven is a number i pulled out of my - um, hat.  I'm wanting to maximize
the usefulness of the 'live' database of logs (using phpmysyslogng atm),
but i suppose seven is kind of high, isn't it?  I just want the
searchable-via-frontend data to be able to provide some history and
context if we go looking for something.

What would you suggest?

--
Rob Munsch