[syslog-ng] I/O error since upgrade to v1.9.9-1 [again w/o attachments]

ma.LAN.ge ma.LAN.ge at gmx.de
Wed Apr 5 20:00:49 CEST 2006

> > Yesterday I updated my Debian Etch (kernel 2.6.16-1) with syslog-ng
> > v1.9.9-1.
> >
> > I had to modify syslog-ng.conf, cause syslog-ng did not start after
> > upgrading (syntax error line xxx).
>
> I already reported similar issues in our bugzilla about (currently)
> unimplemented features in the 1.9 branch which were working in the 1.6
> branch. Hopefully Bazsi will implement the missing features or convert
> these errors into warnings and FIXME-s in the near future :))
>
> > OK, I merged my old .conf with the new .conf and cleaned some old .log
> files
> > in /var/log/.
> >
> > syslog-ng script started now w/o any syntax errors, but in
> /var/log/messages
> > folowing occurs massively and rapidly:
> >
> > syslog-ng: I/O error occurred while writing, error='Operation not
> permitted
> > (1)', fd='5' | fd='17'
>
> If your configuration isn't confidental, please post your configuration
OK, attached. (now compressed ;)
> with the list of the /proc/[syslog-ng_pid]/fd directory.
Hm, unbeliebvable, but true: I only restarted syslog-ng and it seems to
work. No more errors like mentioned above occurred anymore (until now =).

But a question besides: How can I hide the syslog-ng 'log statistics' list
from being displayed in syslog? It nerves a little bit ;)

--
Thx in advance.

E-Mails und Internet immer und überall!
1&1 PocketWeb, perfekt mit GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/pocketweb