[syslog-ng] IPv6 support

Michael Clark mclark at adapt2.com
Tue Apr 4 15:05:06 CEST 2006

We've got a client looking into moving to IPv6 and their asking if syslog-ng
support IPv6.   My initial response is sure if the OS supports IPv6 (Solaris
in this case, which it does).  However, there are some address centric
parameters in the configuration file that might be affected by IPv6.  I
checked the FAQ but didn't find anything on the search.  Does anyone know if
IPv6 support works with syslog-ng?

BTW, this is a large network which will have lots of legacy IPv4 networks
that it will have to connect to as well so this isn't going to happen within
the next year.  It's more of a planning question so they can start mapping
out the change.

Michael W. Clark

Adaptive Architecture, Inc. (www.adapt2.com)

mclark at adapt2.com