[syslog-ng] syslog-ng not logging

catenate infosec at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 10:57:08 CEST 2005

On 9/26/05, fico gid <ficohertz at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi there syslog gurus..
>
> Is the configuration below enough for me to log some of my routers ?
> 157.0.1.1 <http://157.0.1.1> is my syslog server and im suppose to get
> logs frm a few
> routers. I have added appropriate logging commands on the routers to
> log to the syslog server but i don't see anything. syslog-ng is
> started and listening on both udp/tcp . Im running on freebsd

Ok so you verified that syslog-ng is still running? Good.

At a glance your configs look good, I'd want to check that the packets are
really making it to the log server. Use tcpdump or something similar to
check the network, and during troubleshooting I'd clear any packet filters
on the FreeBSD host ("ipf -F a" or whatever you have to do on FreeBSD these
days).