[syslog-ng] feature request: Priority remap

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Wed Sep 14 20:12:14 CEST 2005

It would be nice to be able to use syslong-ng as a filter from the syslog
sources to a final syslog server, but in doing so, change the priority of a
message based on some filter expressions.

As an example, I have an application that does not support syslog. It can log
all of its messages to its standard out, so it is easy to use

application | logger -p user.info -t application

but this assigns the same priority to all messages.

I would like to run this through a syslong-ng server to
match expressions for -t application and then regular expressions and send them
on to the production syslog server with level of error, critical, warning, info
and debug.

An option for a TCP/UDP destination that would set the facility/level of
the messages would be nice.

Thanks,

Evan Rempel				erempel at uvic.ca
Senior Programmer Analyst		250.721.7691