[syslog-ng] Queueing of messages if remote loghost is down

Eric Brown yogieric at mac.com
Sat Oct 22 23:15:21 CEST 2005

I'd like to centralize logs from 2-data centers to my corporate
offices via tcp destinations at my data centers and a tcp source at
my corporate office.

What if my data centers suffer network connectivity problems or I
loose power at my corporate office? How long will syslog-ng keep
queueing messages before I start loosing data? Will its attempts to
retry connecting to my corporate office adversely affect overall
system performance of the machine it is running on? Will it recover
on its own after a few hours of lost connectivity?

Thanks,
Eric