[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 1.9.6 released

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sat Oct 15 20:48:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've released yet another version in the syslog-ng development series
targeted at the stable 2.0, dubbed 1.9.6.

It has the following NEWS entry:

1.9.6
        Sat, 15 Oct 2005 18:07:07 +0200

        * Added new options to control buffer flushing (flush_lines and
          flush_timeout, see the documentation for more details)
        * Fixes in local timezone detection, it should properly detect DSTs
          on Linux, Solaris and probably BSDs.
        * Fixed facility/priority filtering.
        * Fixed owner/group/permission setting on target files/directories.
        * Copied the contrib directory as found in 1.6.x to this tree.
        * TZ macro is now an alias of TZOFFSET, as I could not find a
          portable way to determine the string representation of any given
          timezone offset.
        * Added some more unit tests.