[syslog-ng] spoof_source not working

Chance Ellis chance.ellis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 21:57:33 CEST 2005

Ok,
 I copied the the Solaris 8 libnet-config file to the /tmp/foo folder on
Solaris 9. I then ran:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/foo:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH truss /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng -f
/usr/local/etc/syslog-ng.conf -F &
I get the same result... Whenever I apply the spoof_source(yes) to the
config I do not get any messages forwarded to the destination. If I remove
the spoof_source(yes) messages flow but with the source IP address from the
syslog-ng server...
 The truss output is quite huge! Is there any piece of the truss output that
would help me to troubleshoot this? Is libnet-config the only thing I need
or do I need something in addition to libnet-config?
 Thanks for all of your help!