[syslog-ng] Growing log files (i.e. access.log) and regex.

Peter Nahas pnahas at mrv.com
Tue Oct 11 20:07:48 CEST 2005

Perhaps I am missing something here, but I believe that the "logger:"
can be easily replaced with "jboss:" using the -t flag for logger.  So
modify your script file as follows:

#!/bin/sh
tail -f /opt/jboss/server/default/log/boot.log | logger -p local7.info
-t jboss

Another way to tackle this problem is to avoid logger completely by
tailing the log into a pipe (mkfifo(1)) and use the pipe() source for
syslog-ng.  Thus, you could modify your script to be:

#!/bin/sh
tail -f /opt/jboss/server/default/log/boot.log > /dev/pipe_to_syslog

  Peter Nahas
  Software Engineer
  MRV Communications, InReach Division