[syslog-ng] Bugreport: Ver 1.9.5 problems with facility/level filtering

Marvin Nipper Marvin.Nipper at Stream.com
Mon Oct 10 17:04:55 CEST 2005

> I've added a simple configure check on tm_gmtoff and if it does not
> exist I fall back to the global "timezone" variable.
>
> It should be available in the yesterday's snapshot.
>
> --
> Bazsi

I downloaded the latest snapshot and gave this a try on my Solaris 8 system.  I see the check being made in the configure script, but it still errored off when trying to compile misc.c.  It looks like there may also be a reference (in the code) to another non-existent variable (tm_isdst).  Anyway, that execution stream follows.  Let me know if there's something that I can send you that would help you to figure this out.  I'm glad to do so.

THANKS for your help!

./configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for flex... no
checking for lex... lex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... no
checking for yywrap in -ll... yes
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... no
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking how to enable static linking for certain libraries... GNU or Solaris
checking for egrep... egrep
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking dmalloc.h usability... no
checking dmalloc.h presence... no
checking for dmalloc.h... no
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking openssl/ssl.h usability... no
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... no
checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
checking getopt.h usability... no
checking getopt.h presence... no
checking for getopt.h... no
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for struct tm.tm_gmtoff... no
checking for door_create in -ldoor... yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... yes
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking for regexec in -lregex... no
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strtol... yes
checking for inet_aton... no
checking for inet_ntoa... yes
checking for getopt_long... no
checking for global timezone variable... yes
checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for GLIB_CFLAGS... -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include
checking for GLIB_LIBS... -L/usr/local/lib -lglib-2.0 -liconv
checking for EVTLOG_CFLAGS... -I/usr/local/include/eventlog
checking for EVTLOG_LIBS... -L/usr/local/lib -levtlog
checking for static GLib libraries... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating dist.conf
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/docvars.xml
config.status: creating contrib/Makefile
config.status: creating tests/Makefile
config.status: creating tests/unit/Makefile
config.status: creating tests/functional/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
secdevrsn01 # make
make  all-recursive
Making all in src
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..    -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include   -I/usr/local/include/eventlog   -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -O2 -Wall -g -MT misc.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/misc.Tpo" \
  -c -o misc.o `test -f 'misc.c' || echo './'`misc.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/misc.Tpo" ".deps/misc.Po"; \
else rm -f ".deps/misc.Tpo"; exit 1; \
fi
misc.c: In function `get_local_timezone_ofs':
misc.c:86: error: request for member `tm_isdst' in something not a structure or union
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `misc.o'
Current working directory /var/opt/packages/syslog-ng-1.9.5+20051010/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'