[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng configuration.

Krishnakumar Menon Krishna_Menon at infosys.com
Thu Oct 6 20:58:47 CEST 2005

Hi ,

I am new to this group. Just recently felt a need to centralize all my
/var/adm/messages for my 12 different machines.

The job is I have 12 Solaris machines.

I want to make one server as central syslog server. The rest 12 servers
will send their messages file to this central syslog server where the
activities will be logged.

Few queries.

a.	How will syslog-ng will help me to achieve this?
b.	Which is the latest software and patch to be downloaded ?
c.	What activities i.e. installation/configuration needs to be done
at Server side and client side ?
d.	How to monitor and administer these files. i.e. is their any
GUI's or CLI's in place ?

Thanks and regards

Krishna