[syslog-ng] Bugreport: Ver 1.9.5 problems with facility/level filtering

Marvin.Nipper at Stream.com Marvin.Nipper at Stream.com
Mon Oct 3 22:51:08 CEST 2005

 > I didn't check but most probably he added the
> localtime(&when) call in
> get_local_timezone_ofs() to extract the seconds you are away
> from UTC,
> including DST handling. Unfortunately I do not understand enough of
> timezone handling to be much of a help here. Time is too a difficult
> subject for me to understand, so I'm glad it works most of
> the time :).

> Hmm, the "correct" file I see has shown up in Solaris 10 ;)
> with the libbc:
>
> http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xref/usr/src/lib/libbc/inc/i
> nclude/time.h
>
> Tomorrow I'll have access again to a Solaris 8 machine where
> I could try
> compiling the source. Bazsi seems to be very busy these days,
> so we just
> have to wait for a bit ...
>
> Regards,
> Roberto Nibali, ratz

Well this is depressing.... I'm googling this, and found this:
http://archive.apache.org/gnats/7902

I get the distinct impression that tm_getoff doesn't exist on Solaris 8
(although it appears that Sun finally added it later on, as it's obviously
there in 10).  I guess the Apache guys produced a Solaris-specific chunk
of code to work around that shortcoming (and that's what the web page is
discussing).

If anyone has any clues as to how one might add the "later" (more capable)
time functionality on Solaris 8, I'd obviously love to hear it, or it
looks like I'm dead in the water for using the future version of syslog-ng
at this point.  (i.e. a possible patch, or external component, that has
this extended capability.)

Thanks!

Marvin