[syslog-ng] Bugreport: Ver 1.9.5 problems with facility/level filtering

Marvin.Nipper at Stream.com Marvin.Nipper at Stream.com
Mon Oct 3 20:29:09 CEST 2005

> > I tried the latest snapshot of syslog-ng, but it fails to
> compile the
> > initial module.  I get:
> > misc.c: In function `get_local_timezone_ofs':
> > misc.c:83: error: structure has no member named `tm_gmtoff'
>
> Hmm, this is a BSD extension, and IIRC you are using a BSD system,
> aren't you?

Actually, this is a Solaris 8 system (with gcc 3.4.2).  The (original)
July 1.9.5 compiles just fine.  I'm just uncertain what has changed since
then, that is causing this issue.  The time.h file on this system appears
to have come as part of the SUNWhea package, and does not include the
information shown above.

Not sure if that helps(?).

THANKS for your guidance.

Marvin