[syslog-ng] spoof_source not working

Chance Ellis chance.ellis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 20:15:28 CEST 2005

I am running syslog-ng 1.6.8 on Solaris 9. I recompiled with the
--enable-spoof-source configure option.
 Here is my config:
 destination d_squelch_acl { udp("10.159.234.52 <http://10.159.234.52>"
port(514) spoof_source(yes)); };
filter f_squelch_acl { match("list squelch denied"); };
log { source(net); filter(f_squelch_acl); destination(d_squelch_acl);};
source net { udp(); };
  If I start syslog-ng without spoof_source(yes) option, all messages
matching are forwarded to the machine in the destination. If I change to
spoof_source(yes) nothing gets forwarded at all. I do not get any errors
when I start syslog-ng, like "spoof-source support not compiled in" which I
get on other boxes I have not recompiled on yet.
 Any ideas?
 Chance